Friday, April 30, 2010

4/30/10 - T minus 35

I have changed my strategy a little bit as compared to when I started studying. Originally, I was working through all the sample problems at the end of each section, which added a day or two in working through each chapter. Now, I am browsing the problems, making sure I understand conceptually HOW to do them, and picking one or two to review the solutions in detail. I chose to do this in order to speed up the time I spend working through the material and spend more time on the back end working sample exam problems. Originally I had about 2-2.5 weeks scheduled for practice exams, and I wanted to up this to 3-4 weeks. The logic being the more time I spend on actual problems from previous exams and problems of the same type as the upcoming exam, the more I can drill down on the execution of potential exam questions. While it would be great to spend the time on the interim review problems for each section, that seemed like something worth sacrificing to nearly double my time on actual exam-style questions.

I am working my way through joint distribution material now. Some of it has seemed fairly easy, but the material I worked on today was pretty difficult and I will have to look at it again to fully grasp it.

My confidence is at 2.5. I feel like I am getting there, but I certainly don't feel overconfident.

No comments:

Post a Comment