Wednesday, April 21, 2010

4/21/10 - T minus 44

I worked through some material on the distribution functions of continuous distributions last night and worked on 10 sample questions. I didn't actually get any of the sample questions right, but I was in the right ballpark as far as approach on most of them. So, I feel like I'm at least getting the idea as I begin this section. That increases my confidence a little bit today.

I am a little bit ahead of schedule in starting continuous distributions. Below is the schedule I created for myself in regards to material I want to cover each week. Hopefully, I can keep on this schedule in order to complete the material and give myself enough time to review and practice exam questions.

Week of:
April 25 – Continuous Distributions
May 2 – Finish Continuous and start Joint Distributions
May 9 – Joint Distributions
May 16 – Additional material & review
May 23 – Practice Exams
May 30 – Practice Exams

As per the suggestion, I am going to rate my confidence on a 0-10 scale each day, corresponding with a 0-100% chance I feel I will pass on June 4. It is still early, so obviously I am assessing based on material I have already reviewed and my expectation of what is to come. Today I am going to rate my confidence at 3, which may seem low but actually feels high to me. In other words, I feel like I at least have a shot right now. The average overall pass rate is about 35%, and that includes people who were able to put a lot more study time in than I am going to be able to!

No comments:

Post a Comment