Tuesday, April 20, 2010

4/20/10

I have finished my initial review of calculus. While I understand all the concepts I need to know, I am not yet at the point where I can execute all the derivatives and integrals as quick or as accurately as I will need to. I am going to start learning continuous distributions while continuing to drill on my calculus.

I find it interesting to gauge my confidence level each day. Today I feel like I have a decent shot to pass on June 4, but as I hit new or tough material that confidence wanes and I feel like I have no shot. There is still a long way to go, but I enjoy taking these daily snapshots of how I feel about where I am along the way.

1 comment:

  1. You should rate your confidence each time you blog on a 1-10 basis (or 1-20 even) and then, someday when you're all done and you're actually an actual actuary, you can plot the numbers out by date or event and see what your confidence flow looked like. Will it be a roller coaster? A trending line upwards?

    ReplyDelete