Thursday, June 17, 2010

T minus 66

Still a long way to go, it is interesting to approach new material for the first time again. While the ideas behind the material are very familiar to me, some of the notation and scenarios and problems to solve are new and can be difficult. I'm sure I will get there, but the feeling of ending every night with still more to learn is reminiscent of studying for Exam P.

Also, I find having to do things around the house is really starting to reduce my study time. Better to do those projects now and treat it as a mental break, because the last few weeks leading up to the exam I will be focusing much more intensely on the material.

That brings up another interesting observation. When learning the material for the first time, I can't quite put in the marathon hours I did when trying to master the problem solving. It seems the brain limits me to 2-3 hours max per session, sometimes less. When I was working through the problem solving portion of Exam P, I could go on and on until I just needed to sleep! Hopefully I will hit that kind of stride again when I get to that portion of the studying.

I am a little behind the pace I set for myself on the material, but I do have a lot of wiggle room in the pace at this point, and I think I will get through some of the later chapters ahead of pace.

My confidence level at this point is very high - 8.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment