Wednesday, June 2, 2010

6/2 - additional thoughts

Ok, spent some more time doing the SOA problems tonight, and after that spent some time assessing what it is I still don't know. I don't expect the areas I am shaky in to big a huge part of the test, maybe as large as 25%, but possibly as low as 10%.

I plan on crash reviewing a few things I know but need to spend more time memorizing tomorrow. I am surprised to find all the things I have memorized now in relation to how confused I was when I looked at most of these questions the first, second or third time!

To continue the boxing analogy I used in the last post, I decided to watch a Rocky movie on Netflix tonight while reviewing formulas. In a way I kind of feel like Rocky, taking on something that is difficult even under the best of circumstances. I have studied nearly every night for the past 2 months with every free moment I can put together - lunches, breaks at work, listening to mp3s while driving, you name it. At times I thought I had no chance, but I kept pushing, and even if I don't pass this time around I am confident I can do it next time around. I will be making every effort to pass this time, so hopefully I can begin to work on Exam 2. Exam 2 should be easier for me given my background, so I expect to go through that material at a similar pace.

Ok, off to try to get some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment