Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Post Exam Update

I felt like I did pretty well.  I would guess I confidently answered 80% of the points, and still provided decent answers for the rest.  There were very few points I didn’t feel like I had a chance for at all.  Of course I won’t get everything I confidently answered correct, but hopefully I’ll be able to get enough correct to pass.

Now on to the waiting…  I always find it a little weird to decompress after an exam.  Given the high level of productivity I am in the last 2 months before an exam, I am in the mode to want to be doing productive things constantly.  I start some online classes, I start doing projects around my house, etc.  It usually takes me until about now (2.5 weeks after the exam) to really start to relax.  I’ll still keep doing the productive things, but I might occasionally watch a movie or read a book as well.  You know - actual relaxing.  I think I remember how to do that...

I have to say the last month of studying was pretty stressful.  I’m not sure I’ve ever felt that stressed – certainly not in a long time.  While the whole process of taking any exam is stressful, this being my third attempt on this exam made it my last eligible attempt in the student program here at work, and I think that added more stress.  Never mind the pure fact of it being my third try on my last exam.  For all of April I constantly felt stressed out – I really had to limit the amount of external stress I put upon myself.  Even post-exam, it has taken a while for the stress to work itself out.  I still have some of it, maybe that is just going to continue until results come out??  On the positive side, the stress has helped me improve my overall health.  I’ve taken to running or walking pretty much every day now in order to help deal with it.  It had been hard to keep up my exercise and eating discipline while studying, and I had gained a fair amount of weight over the last 6 years.  I had planned to really work on that post-exam anyway, so I got a little bit of a head start!

After I took the exam I started a draft of a “How to study for FSA exams” type post.  The one caveat being the different tracks might require different approaches.  I’m going to circle back to it and hopefully post it pretty soon.

For everyone else out there who just took an exam, enjoy the break!  Or enjoy the modules… or studying for the next exam already…

2 comments:

  1. i really like your blog. it helps motivate me when i study for my exams.
    Would you enlighten me on your career so far since you decided to make the switch?
    Such as salary, growth, and what field you are operating in?
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete