Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Post MLC Wrap Up


MLC went pretty well.  I ended up able to answer 20 questions with a high degree of confidence.  There were 2 that I SHOULD have been able to answer, but I never could figure out the solution, and 3 which I made an attempt at but got nowhere fast and in the end totally guessed on.  One of the questions I should have been able to answer I figured out the solution a couple of days later – I was making a simple mistake.  How frustrating!  I spent a lot of time on that question towards the end of my exam (after I was already confident on the 20 questions) knowing I knew how to do it.  I DID know how to do it, but was making a silly mistake in the process of solving it.  Oh well!  Regarding the other question I really thought I should have been able to figure out, I don’t remember all the factors or the answer choices, so I can’t go back and figure it out on my own.  Hopefully they will release the exam and I’ll be able to take a look at it.

Given those results, I am pretty confident of passing MLC, and will be finishing a VEE in the summer and then taking my first FSA exam in the fall!  Oh yeah, I should have my ASA in the fall as well.  It is a little crazy to think 3 years ago I was studying for P and starting this blog, and now I am done with the prelims!
 
I’ll keep this blog updated with my progress for the fall, but it might be pretty quiet for a while.  I have two “guide” type posts brewing in my head, one for prelim exams in general and one for FAP modules.  I want to write them before the ideas and start to fade, so hopefully they will be up pretty soon!

Good luck on your exams!

No comments:

Post a Comment